Applications for 2018 Pre-Accelerator program are now closed
What even is a pre-accelerator program?
A pre-accelerator program helps individuals/small teams who have a startup idea to test and validate their idea for a high-growth tech startup.
You come to us with a problem you are passionate about and truly want to solve. We help you understand your problem space and your customers deeply, understand the existing market, players and work-arounds, develop and rigorously test your hypothesis (yes, this is like a science-class but even more fun!), and finally help build a minimum viable product (MVP) for your business.
Who are we really after?
We are looking for the A-team of exceptional Migrapreneurs who want to join us in creating Australia 2.0!
- Are you a hacker, engineer, hustler, scientist, thinker, marketer, business mogul or do'er?
- Do you deeply care about solving hard-problems?
- Were you or your co-founder born outside of Australia?
- Are you willing to stand out, challenge the status quo and join us in creating Australia 2.0?
If these points speak to you, apply now for our upcoming program.
2018 Key dates
Application Deadline: Friday, 24th August 2018 - 5:00 pm AEST
- Phone & In-person Interviews: Present - 31st August 2018
Program Dates: 15th September 2018 - 16th March 2019
Off-site Startup Bootcamp: Great opportunity to get away from the city, to spend a weekend with other exceptional Migrapreneurs in the cohort, meet the Catalysr team and mentors, and learn the Startup Essentials 101.
- Pre-Accelerator Program: 6 months of tailored programming including:
- 1:1 startup mentoring
- Introductions to: investors, potential customers and follow-on accelerator programs
- Fireside chats with world-class entrepreneurs
- Office-hours with industry and startup mentors
- Other startup support services on a needs basis (e.g. co-working space, accounting, legal)
Demo-Day: Top startups pitch to investors for SEED funding.
Migrapreneur Led: There must be at least one first-generation migrant or refugee co-founder who will participate in the pre-accelerator program.
Idea/Early Stage: You have an idea to start a start-up in Australia, OR are already running one and are currently at an early stage (less than 2 years old).
For any questions regarding the program or eligibility criteria, you can fill out the contact form or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org